“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Redesigning & Downsizing . . .

Well as you can probably see, I have been doing a little bit of redesigning around here!

Just don't ask how long it took me to do the new header! (all that choosing and resizing of photos took quite a while) it is a good job that I enjoy that sort of thing.

As some of you know, I have a lot of blogs!
All are valid in their own way - but I know I am spreading myself too thin and that prompted my decision to downsize and concentrate on the five that will get my attention.

Oooh, I've just realised that it is six blogs if I count I Saw Sunday and that is not to mention twitter and my Tumblr blog. - Eek, now I am starting to feel overwhelmed again!

So, the blogs that are staying are. . .

The Streaming Now. - This one! with photos and bits and bobs from my day to day life.
Joy Frequencies. - My first and original blog where I write about my way of looking at life.
My Name is ZING. - Short posts that capture the moments (often included here.)
Out of my Ocean. - My Poetry blog.
Panopticulated. - Where I keep my writing that I do for the various prompt sites.

And of course I Saw Sunday. - Where we share what we noticed in the previous week.

So there you have it. Phew! Actually in doing this post I have realised that I haven't quite downsized as much as I thought I had!

Photo: Close up of the rust on the metal boat hanging in my garden.

10 comments:

Morvah said...

No, perhaps not but that header is gorgeous! I'm very impressed and quite envious of your skills - did you train or just figure it all out yourself?

Susannah said...

Hi Morvah, good to see you. x

I am glad you like the new header. Actually I think that perhaps one of the reasons I have so many blogs is that I love doing the 'pretty bits' designing headers etc. :-)

I think I taught myself most of the stuff - I used to build my own websites years ago in the days before blogger and blogging and I love doing the design bit!

none said...

Love the new header!
It is really good. I also enjoy designing and have been changing my blog around lately. Satisfied now. :)
Have a great day.

Susannah said...

Thanks Jade. :-)

I have just taken a look at your new look, I really like your header too. Fun isn't it? A bit like redecorating your house but without all the mess and hard work!

Thanks for popping in. x

Friko said...

I am very glad you are keeping this blog because I have just added my name to your followers list here.

That doesn't mean that I won't be reading the other blogs too.

I wish I knew how to get the header to fit the blog. I have given up on Friko's World, Any header picture gets squeezed to one side and I really don't like that.

Susannah said...

Hi Friko, it is good to see you here. Thanks for following. :-)

The tip with getting the header to sit in the centre of your blog is to go into the 'design' part of your blog and press edit on the place you want your picture to go.

It should say somewhere in there that the photo will be resized to a certain number of pixels. That is what size the image you upload needs to be!

So if the actual image isn't that wide, then in an image editing program create a white background (or whatever colour your blog is)the correct number of pixels wide and then paste your header image in the centre of that.

Save it all as one image and upload! There you have a nice central header.

I hope this helps. :-)

Paul Andrew Russell said...

I have no idea how you manage all those blogs, Susannah. I can't seem to manage one properly. lol

You have my admiration. :-)

I like that header too.

Paul

Susannah said...

Thanks Paul. ;-)

Well you see the thing is I don't manage them that well! Some tend not to get updated very often at all. Thanks for popping in, it is always good to see you here Paul.

Jennifer said...

Redesigning is great fun - I enjoy creating new looks too. Visiting you is always pleasurable, but I'm glad you're keeping this one - my favourite!

Susannah said...

Yes creating new looks is always fun, I have seen your blog go through changes over the time I have been visiting, and each has been just as wonderful as the last. :-)

Good to see you Jennifer! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails