“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Thursday 24 February 2011

I Have a Confession to Make. . .

This weeks confession has to do with my visits to the supermarket. Or to be more specific, the beautiful big display of flowers for sale that my supermarket has just inside their doors.

I seem to have this compulsion to check that all of the bunches of flowers are actually properly IN the buckets of water so they can drink. It started when I saw hastily put back bouquets wilting and dying because their roots weren't plunged back into the water.

So now every time I pass I check! I am often to be found 'rescuing' flowers! lol

What about you? Do you have anything like that, that you are compelled to do?....or is it just me?


This is the second of my new mid week posts under the title I Have a Confession to make. . .

I will be back next week with another confession. :-)

6 comments:

Lex.Illuminated said...

Oh boy, I am with you there. I have recently picked up the tendency to check out all flowers in vases as well as any little sweet plant that seems to be calling out to me-"wait! you want to take me home!" The problem, I do not have room for everybody! So for now, I have to be content admiring them in the store. :)

Deborah said...

Aww, I'm glad you rescue the flowers :O) ... just be careful or you might start checking all the supermarkets!

Susannah said...

Lex, I do that at the garden centres too and bring home lots of their waifs! :-)

Good to see you, thanks for popping in. x

Susannah said...

Deborah, oh don't say that! You might start something off. lol

Paul Andrew Russell said...

Nice confession, Susannah, very caring way to shop. I'm afraid my forays to the store are usually more destructive. lol

A couple of years ago we were walking around the local Dominion store when I accidentally pushed the trolley right into a very large pyramid display of drinking glasses in the middle of the fresh produce department. You should have heard the noise of all those glasses tumbling and smashing on the floor. Oh boy, was I embarrassed!

Susannah said...

Oh dear Paul, I can just imagine it! LOL - it was an accident waiting to happen you just happened to be the one. :-)

I was 'rescuing' again yesterday, two large bunches of flowers owe me, I saved them from an early demise. LOL

Good to see you Paul. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails