“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Sunday 19 September 2010

I Saw Sunday - a random assortment of things seen this week




Here are a random assortment of things I saw this week. . .


  • A spider living in the wing mirror of our car. Every time we stop he dashed out to repair his web.


  • Self conscious young girls walking with eyes on all who may be watching. Hair in the latest styles, constantly touched to check it is still in place. Impossible fashions, bravely worn as they giggle and move around each other like a shoal of young and brightly coloured fish.


  • Huddled men with crossed arms lean into lit matches, blow smoke like dragons. Breaktime chatter outside the busy warehouse. Shadows move on tarmac, patterns like water... light made fluid by the breeze. An engine starts and the moment is broken, shattered by the lorries roar.


  • At the bus stop, an old lady with a grey perm in a hairnet and buttoned up coat admires the tattoo on the young womans bare ankle. The younger woman lifts her foot onto the railings and they both lean in close with smiles on their faces, discussing the design.

Hmmm, maybe I will make this a regular feature - I Saw Sunday - (anyone fancy joining in?)

10 comments:

Malcolm said...

this read like a wonderful poem sequence - please do make it a regular feature.

Deborah said...

Great idea!! I would love to join in :o)

Susannah said...

Malcolm thanks very much for your visit. I think I will continue...would you fancy joining in too?

Nice to meet you. :-)

Susannah said...

Deborah, you are on! I will think about it and post something more here about it!

I hope others will join in too.

Ann said...

The wonders of the little things we see and often never notice! Thank you for the reminder.

Susannah said...

Hello Ann - yes, it worth taking the time to notice. :-)

Mellisa said...

Reading this felt like i am in a free form poetry restaurant, doing stand-up spoken poem=) Wonderful share!

Susannah said...

Hi Mellisa, thank you for that. :-)
Good to see you, I am glad you found your way here. :-)

Elizabeth said...

It's bit late in the day, but I would definitely like to join in. I will start as soon as I leave here and post at my Unraveling site:

http://claudetteellinger.wordpress.com/

Thanks I really like this idea,

Elizabeth

Susannah said...

Elizabeth, welcome aboard! Thanks so much for joining in. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails